There are many things you might want to keep when moving to a new house. However, you will be limited by transport costs and maybe even the space in your new place. Usually, when you stay in one place for an extended period, you end up keeping a lot of items you don’t need or use. When cleaning out your old home, you have to decide which items you will let go of. This guide should help you decide what you should throw into the waste removal bin.
- How Often Do You Use It?
If you never use a certain product, you should consider throwing it into the waste disposal bin. This isn’t a hard rule since some products are simply there for emergency purposes or even aesthetics. Also, certain products are simply kept for their sentimental value. If someone gave you a painting, for example, you should hold on to it even if there is no room to hang it. Another instance is if a product is in good condition and is never used. Such a product should be sold or given away since it still has most of its original value.
- How Far Are You Moving?
If you are moving to a nearby place, you will find it easy to keep almost all your belongings. However, if you are moving to a faraway city or country, most of your stuff is likely to go into the rubbish removal bin. If, for example, you are moving to a country in a different continent, you would be better off keeping only your most valuable belongings. Anything else will be cheaper to replace in the new place.
- How Many of a Certain Product Do You Have?
On moving day, you may discover that you have many chairs, stools, or even clothes, all of which look the same. Instead of filling up the moving van with unnecessary items, you should consider throwing away some of these products. Clothes that don’t fit you anymore should especially be thrown away. Also, if you don’t feel confident in a certain shirt or shoe, it should go straight into the bin.
What Should You Keep?
It is easy to get overwhelmed and throw most of your belongings, even those that are important to you. Here are some things you should always keep, no matter where you are moving to:
- Your documents- All your certificates and identification documents should stay close to you, regardless of where you are moving to. Remember to also pack your financial and medical documents.
- Valuable items- Jewelry and collectables should be kept since they have significant monetary value.
- High-quality and functional electronics- Throwing away electronics is always inadvisable. If you are not going to ever use it, consider selling it or giving it away.
- Sentimental items- Your picture album, favourite books, and even toys should be kept for the memories they hold. If necessary, put all your sentimental items in a single box so you don’t get them mixed up with your trash.
Clearabee Rubbish Removal
When moving, you are bound to have a lot of waste to throw away. Clearabee is an on-demand rubbish removal service, so you can give them a call when you need your rubbish thrown away. They will load the trash on to the vans themselves. You don’t need to set up an appointment- they will come on the same day you call.