It is every property owner’s dream to sell property fast once they put it up for sale on the property market. Even then, this is not always the case as you may sometimes have property staying on the market for so long to the extent of being considered stale. When this happens, it can be frustrating as buyers will not be willing to purchase it.
Thus, before setting out to sell your property you will do well to consider the following tips that will ensure your sell your property fast, attract a cash buyer and get offered a quick house sale:
- Identify your target market – Before embarking on selling your house, you need to consider the target market. This way, you can tailor some aspects of the property to appeal to your target hence make it easier to sell.
For instance, if you are looking to sell the property to a professional couple, you may want to turn the spare bedroom into an office or a study.
In the same way, if you think the property or the area is ideal for a young family, you can clear the spare room and put a bed effectively converting it to the children’s bedroom.
Expensive kitchens are great as it is the ‘hub’ of the home, so take some pride in it. Invest in a full new kitchen if budget allows, if not why not think about replacing your kitchen worktops with solid surface worktops which look much better?
- Be sure to get the timing and price right – The pricing as well as timing of your property is crucial in determining how fast you can sell your property.
That is, it is pointless to put your property for sale at a higher price than others unless you are sure it is worth much more. Furthermore, always check the timing of your sale to understand the demand and supply forces.
- Eliminate any unpleasant smells – Smells are a major turn off for buyers. Consequently, while you may have a breathtaking property, the presence of unpleasant smells may be a major hindrance to achieving a sale.
You will also do well to remove pets and instead use air fresheners to neutralize any unpleasant smells including pet smells. Remover any rubbish from the bins as well as kitchen pans and pots that may produce sharp smell.
- Declutter – Decluttering is a sure way of improving your property’s appeal hence leading to a fast sale. By decluttering, you are able to depersonalize the property letting a prospective buyer visualize how the space would look the with their stuff in there.
Moreover, they are also able to see the potential of each room better than when it is stuffed with your belongings. This is not to say that you remove all ornaments completely rather, you may consider reducing the number especially if they make the room to overly cluttered.
- Let the agent conduct viewings – While you may think that you are better off showing prospective buyers around the house, you need to trust the estate agent to do this task. This is because estate agents are more experienced.
Besides, most buyers tend to be put off by the presence of property owners. In fact, you will do well to see that there are no family members present in the house during viewing.
When you set out to sell property, you usually look forward to closing the sale within a short duration. Thus, you will do well to take these cues to ensure that you get a buyer for your property fast.